Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cakes - My Obsession

Let me admit - to begin with, I have just a collection of the pictures of my cakes baked and decorated over a period of time. I have never had the idea of putting them on a blog or any place else other than my Picasa Album. I take pictures of these things, to savor the taste and the visual appeal later. But I do intend to put in my dessert, snack and other recipes as my blog would be incomplete without them.



Would also need to admit one more thing,the basic cake recipe I have used has been the same. There have been very few times, I have ventured to try out a new basic cake recipe. The others I have tried have not been entirely successful(palatable though), so those did not make to my make do, make believe turn table to don any decoration at all. But I have found that this recipe works quite well for me, as the cake tastes quite good. And once I have a decent basic cake, the decorating part is of paramount importance to me.

It is amazing how many different flavored cakes, different desserts can be whipped up from a basic recipe. And as for decoration,your imagination is the limit. And for the less creative like me, just get inspired from somebody else's creativity :-)

Talking about 'inspiration', made this cake from Tarla Dalal's  Cakes and Gateaux. This was an Orange Gateaux for hubby's birthday.

3 comments:

girish said...

I really enjoyed eating this cake. :)

girish said...

this is a comment to check the emailing bit...

Shubha said...

i did not get to eat this cake:(