Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bakeomania !!

    Here I come with the round up and a little adrenalin for you! I could actually hear some of you muttering away as to what can take someone so long to post a round up and announce the winner:). Specially since I had mentioned the last date for accepting entries as 8th January and the round up on 10th January.  I know there are no excuses for this , so my apologies! For those of you coming in late, I had announced an event and a giveaway as my blog turned one. And the giveaway is The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum! This book actually needs no introduction , being a very famous book by a very famous author and a must-have on the shelf of every true-blue baker. 

The response has been very heartening and I have received 61 entries (55 if you exclude my entries and yes, all of these are fresh posts). My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has participated, am truly honored you took time to bake something for me. Without further ado, here comes the round up. A visual treat for all us bakers looking out for new and inspiring bakes to fill our homes with the aroma of baking and the satisfaction it brings. Here are 60 recipes for you to try out...I hope I have not missed out any entries here, if I have, please do mail me, I will immediately include yours. 

Oops...!!! Have missed out on 6 delicious entries! Have updated them, sorry about this ladies..



Here they come in the order I have received them...




















































48. Chocolate Chip Pound Cake FromVani (non-blogger)

49. Garlic Rolls From Vani (non-blogger)

50. Black Forest Cake From Rekha of The Key Bunch











And the winner is.....

Scroll down slowly.....



Oh, did I tell you that I loved thrillers as a kid before I got buried in cook books? Thought I will put you on the edge of your seat for a while;-)... I used to hate it when an episode ended right at the time you would know who was the culprit..But then it was real fun too. I like to build a little more anticipation and suspense... I will announce the winner real soon..Watch this space, winner to be announced very, very soon!!! Cross my heart!!

16 comments:

Megha said...

Hi..
I was going through my Dashboard and noticed a post from you (6 minutes ago) and hopped here simply looking for some mouth watering recipe ..:P
Well I simply love the theme and the concept.. If I have understood it write..you are doing a contest?
Well I will look out for the winner..too.. :)
And will go through the recipes too :)
Happy cooking mean while..

Regards,
Megha.

Unknown said...

DISHUM...DISHUM...DISHOOOM!!!!!

M D said...

60 entries Suma, that's awesome! This round up has come out fantastic! I am not surprised with your blog being so popular on the web space, you were flooded with so many entries. Done a great job here. It almost looks like a recipe index on baking with so many recipes to pick from a single page. Loved this post! Good work :)

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, wat a beautiful roundup with 60 entries, awesome..Wonderful job Suma,waiting eagerly to know about the winner..

Padhu Sankar said...

Fantastic round up .Drooling at all the pictures

Divya Kudua said...

Oh you meanie!!Was hoping to find my name..hehe,that means there is still hope!!What a mega round-up,I am taking my time and planning to go through all of the links one by one!!

Reva said...

wonderful roundup and even more wonderful recipes...can't wait to browse through them...great work..
Reva

Rachana said...

What a delicious and mouthwatering roundup. Waiting to know the winner :-)

Ally said...

excellent round up....

Umm Mymoonah said...

That's an amazing and thrilling roundup.

Nachiketa said...

What an Awesome round up girl... and what a lovely post....
Was hoping to see my name after the scroll but you pulled a fast one on us..... *Wail****.....

Am sure it'll be worth it's wt.... :)

Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

Padmajha said...

What an awesome collection of recipes!!Bookmarked :)

I too [like most of them] came here to see if I got picked up as the winner and I will be on the edge of the seat till I see who wins..

harini-jaya said...

excellent entries there...u sure are good at building up the suspense!!

Spice said...

Suma, nice collection of bakes....is it my eyes or my eggless pumpkin pie is missing there....waiting for your next post...

Champa said...

I thought it has to be a cake. I didn't know it was any baked good. Sorry I missed sending my entries.
You have a big collection over here. About the book, I have this and either people love this book or hate it. Not all recipes come out good I have heard from many people. But the basics of cake baking chapter is awesome. Perfect selection for your blog giveaway.

Anonymous said...

Superb round up! This looks like a mini b(c)ake bible in itself :P Definitely will be a go-to when I need some new bake ideas. Great going Suma! Im uncontrollably drooling when I shouldnt even be thinking of desserts, let alone eat any :)